Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Hurricanes

These past few weeks have been very hectic because of the hurricanes that have been pummeling us down here. First there was Charly which my dad wasn't here for so my mom and I were alone during a category 4 hurricane with 17 horse and 24 acres to take care of. After Charly, we didnt have power for 5 days and we couldn't get our generator going until like the second day so we were using rain water to give our horses water.
And then 3 weeks after Charly there was Frances. In my opinion a catergory 2 hurricane that stayed for 2 days, is worse then a category 4 that moves through in 45 minutes. After Frances we didn't have power for a whole week! But luckily we could get our generator going the same day. And we ahd so much water around our house. I sware walking out of my house was like looking at ocean front property.
And school, oh my gosh we were out of school for 7 days for Frances and for Charly we were out for 6. So it was 13 all together. We had to get rid of the early release days that we had and there were 5 days thatwe were gonna get to sleep in for 2 extra hours and those are gone! This will definitley be the most memorable year of school yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home